Are you ready for a Thanksgiving feast in Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains?
It’s one of the most delicious days of the year and it’s also a special time to create memories with family and friends.
In 2022, Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 24.
While many opt for the Thanksgiving tradition of a home-cooked meal or potluck style celebration, there is also the option of enjoying Thanksgiving lunch or dinner at a restaurant or taking advantage of the local spots offering various takeout and to-go dining packages.
It’s a way to partake in the classic dishes and flavors of the season without having to worry about the planning, preparation, and cleanup.
Don’t stress about your turkey being dry, forgetting that key ingredient from the grocery store, or your casserole burning.
Take it easy this year and support these great restaurants in Virginia’s Blue Ridge.
NOTE - Many restaurants operate special hours for the holiday and many require reservations or takeout orders to be placed in advance. Please call ahead to check for availability and hours of operation.
- Billy’s - Thanksgiving Grand Buffet | Reservations on OpenTable or call (540) 206-3353 | View Menu >
- Cast Plates & Pints - Thanksgiving Buffet | Reservations on OpenTable | View Menu >
- The Colonial Dining Room at The Natural Bridge Hotel - Thanksgiving Day Buffet | Colonial Dining Room Info >
- Harvest at Mountain Lake Lodge - Thanksgiving Buffet | Available to guests as part of Thanksgiving at Mountain Lake Package >
- Primland Resort - Southern Thanksgiving Feast | Call (276) 633-4413 or Inquire Online | Available to guests as part of a Primland Thanksgiving Holiday Experience >
- The Regency Room at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center - The Grand Thanksgiving Buffet Celebration | Call (540) 985.5900 for reservations | Regency Room Holiday Dining Info >
Classic Thanksgiving Meals
- 419 West Restaurant - All-You-Can-Eat Family Style | Call (540) 776-0419 for reservations | View Menu >
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store - Troutville | Join Wait List Online | View Menu >
- Frankie Rowland’s Steakhouse - Downtown Roanoke | Call (540) 527-2333 for reservations | View Menu >
- Frankie Rowland’s Steakhouse - Salem | Call (540) 302-3020 for reservations | View Menu >
- The Swinging Bridge Restaurant | Call (540) 897-5099 for reservations | View Menu >
Takeout & To-Go Meals
- 1772 Rooftop on Main | Order by November 16, pickup on November 23 | Menu & Order Form >
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Troutville | Order Online >
- Crescent City Bourbon & BBQ | Order by November 19, pickup on November 24 | Call (540) 342-2990 for orders | View Menu >
- Crystal Spring Grocery Co. | Holiday Party Platters & Catering >
- Heritage Family Market | Call (540) 473-2917
- Mission BBQ | Call (540) 613-5513 | Catering Menu >
- Our Daily Bread Bakery & Bistro | Thanksgiving Dinner To Go | Order ahead and pickup on November 23 | View Menu >
- Mama Jean's Barbecue | Order ahead and pickup on November 23 | E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to order | View Menu >
Baked Goods & Desserts
- Boone's Country Store - Franklin County
- Bread Craft Bakery - Downtown Roanoke | Thanksgiving Specials >
- Bryant Orchards Farm Market - Daleville | Menu & Order Form >
- Bubblecake Bake Shop - Towers Shopping Center (Roanoke)
- Corbin’s Confections (Gluten Free Bakery) - Downtown Salem | Order by November 7, pickup on November 22 & 23 | Thanksgiving Menu >
- Cupcakes & Canines - Daleville
- Evie’s Bistro & Bakery - Old Southwest Roanoke
- Homestead Creamery Farm Market - Franklin County
- Ikenberry Orchards & Country Store - Daleville
- Kupkakery Bakery - Rocky Mount | Order by November 17, pickup on November 23 | Thanksgiving Order Info >
- On the Rise Bread Company - Downtown Roanoke
- Our Daily Bread Bakery & Bistro - Roanoke | Salem | Vinton
- The Pie Shoppe - Fincastle | Order by November 17, pickup on November 23 | Menu & Order Form >
- Smith Mountain Lake Coffee House - Bridgewater Plaza at Smith Mountain Lake
- Sweets by Shaneice - Downtown Roanoke | Order by November 17 | Thanksgiving Specials >
Thanksgiving Events & Things to Do
Begin your Thanksgiving Day in Virginia’s Blue Ridge by taking part in the annual Drumstick Dash Family 5K Walk & Run in Downtown Roanoke! You can also head out to Botetourt County for Thanksgiving in the Barn at New Freedom Farm.
Burn off some calories with an evening of ice skating in Elmwood Park and finish your Thanksgiving holiday with a drive through Franklin County Recreation Park to see the Land of Lights holiday light display.
Need more dining ideas for your next visit? Check out our Restaurants section for a complete guide on places to eat in the area.
Header photo: Brent Hofacker/Shutterstock