Are you ready for a Thanksgiving feast in Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains?
It’s one of the most delicious days of the year and it’s also a special time to create memories with family and friends.
While many opt for the Thanksgiving tradition of a home-cooked meal or potluck style celebration, there is also the option of enjoying Thanksgiving lunch or dinner at a restaurant or taking advantage of the local spots offering various takeout and to-go dining packages.
It’s a way to partake in the classic dishes and flavors of the season without having to worry about the planning, preparation, and cleanup.
Don’t stress about your turkey being dry, forgetting that key ingredient from the grocery store, or your casserole burning.
Take it easy this year and support these great restaurants in Virginia’s Blue Ridge.
NOTE - Many restaurants operate special hours for the holiday and many require reservations or takeout orders to be placed in advance. Please call ahead to check for availability and hours of operation.
- Billy's - Call (540) 206-3353 for reservations | View Menu >
- Cast Plates & Pints | View Menu >
- The Regency Room - The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center | Call (540) 985-5900 for reservations | Regency Room Holiday Dining Info >
Classic Thanksgiving Meals
- 419 West Restaurant - All-You-Can-Eat Family Style | Call (540) 776-0419 for reservations | View Menu >
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- Frankie Rowland's Steakhouse - Downtown Roanoke | Call (540) 527-2333 for reservations | View Menu >
- Frankie Rowland's Steakhouse - Downtown Salem | Call (540) 302-3020 for reservations | View Menu >
Takeout & To-Go Meals
- 419 West Restaurant - Family Style - Pre-Order To Go - (540) 776-0419 | View Menu >
- CoreLife Eatery - Side Options to serve groups of 5, 10, or 15 | Call or visit to order | (540) 492-5222 | View Menu >
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store | Order Online >
- Crescent City Bourbon & BBQ | Order by Noon on November 20 for pickup on Thanksgiving Day | Call (540) 342-2990 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org | View Menu >
- Crystal Spring Grocery Co. | (540) 595-9113 | View Menu >
- Mama Jean's Barbecue | E-mail email@example.com to order | View Menu >
- Mission BBQ | (540) 613-5513 | Catering Menu >
- Montano's International Restaurant | Pre-Order Only - 24 Hour Notice Required | (540) 344-8960 | Dinner To Go Info >
- Our Daily Bread Bakery & Bistro (Multiple Locations) | Order ahead and pick up on Wednesday, November 24 - serves 6 | Locations - Roanoke: (540) 772-2200, Salem: (540) 404-3056, Vinton: (540) 566-3000 | View Menu >
- The Pie Shoppe | Call (540) 632-8099 or order online | View Menu >
- Queen's Vegan Cafe | Holiday Vegan Feast feeds 4-6 people | Pre-order by November 22 | (540) 519-0017 or firstname.lastname@example.org | View Menu >
- The Roanoker Restaurant | Call (540) 344-7746 in advance to order | View Menu >
- Wildwood Smokehouse | Smoked Turkeys - call (540) 989-2100 to order | More Info >
Begin your Thanksgiving Day in Virginia’s Blue Ridge by taking part in the annual Drumstick Dash Family 5K Walk & Run in Downtown Roanoke!
Need more dining ideas for your next visit? Check out our Restaurants section for a complete guide on places to eat in the area.
Header photo: Brent Hofacker/Shutterstock