Virginia's Blue Ridge lodging industry experienced a 10th consecutive year of record growth! According to STR, Inc., 2019 hotel room revenue increased 3.7% over 2018 ending the year just over $116 million. Hotel room demand also increased 1.1% reaching 1.3 million rooms sold. Demand 360, a new source for data, indicated overall group rooms were up 4.8% compared to 2018.
“The tourism economy for Virginia's Blue Ridge continues to have steady growth creating more jobs and more tax revenues,” said Landon Howard, President of Visit Virginia’s Blue Ridge. “It's all about regional collaboration generating a greater return on investment for our 1,500+ partners and the localities we represent including the Cities of Roanoke and Salem and the Counties of Roanoke, Franklin and Botetourt."
Vice President of Public Affairs & Destination Development
(540) 342-6025, ext. 114