We have a variety of helpful tools, resources, and information to help you plan your next visit to the Blue Ridge Mountains.
We believe safety should be part of the experience for visitors, businesses, and local residents in Virginia's Blue Ridge. As we continue to work together to get through the COVID-19 pandemic, we encourage you to join our Virginia's Blue Ridge Stay Safe Pledge as a commitment to keep each other safe and healthy.
The pledge follows recommended guidelines from the CDC and public health officials, and helps us create an environment of safety while we enjoy the businesses and experiences that make Virginia's Blue Ridge a special place.
For Visitors - During your time in Virginia's Blue Ridge, we encourage you to look for our special VBR Stay Safe Pledge Posters, which many businesses will be displaying in their storefronts as a sign of their commitment to helping ensure a safe, enjoyable experience.
- Follow CDC guidance for cleaning & disinfecting
- Wear masks or face coverings
- Wash hands frequently and have hand sanitizer available
- Follow social distancing & capacity guidelines
- Conduct regular health screenings of employees
NOTE: If you're a local business owner, complete our form to let us know you're taking the pledge. Pledge form >
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often
- Follow social distancing guidelines
- Wear masks or face coverings when around others
- Stay home if you feel sick or are showing symptoms
- Avoid direct contact with staff and other guests
It's also a way to let patrons know what they can do to help keep the region safe.
We've made the pledge available in a variety of formats and resources that you can download and use for your own purposes.
In response to COVID-19, Visit Virginia’s Blue Ridge is continuing to follow the guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and public health officials, as well as the Governor of Virginia. The Commonwealth of Virginia is currently in the Phase Three stage of the Forward Virginia Plan. Learn more about Phase Three Guidelines in Virginia’s Blue Ridge, and overall COVID-19 guidelines on the Commonwealth of Virginia website.
Get more information about what's happening in Virginia's Blue Ridge with our special COVID-19 Landing Page.