It’s time for a holiday feast in Virginia’s Blue Ridge!
Enjoying delicious food is one of our favorite parts of the holiday season in the Roanoke Region and there are lots of tasty ways to experience Christmas in the mountains.
While many opt for a home-cooked meal for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, there is also the option of enjoying a Christmas brunch, lunch, or dinner at a restaurant, or taking advantage of the local spots offering various takeout and to-go dining & catering packages.
It’s a way to spend more of your time focused on the fun parts of the holiday with friends & family without worrying about the stress of planning, cooking, and cleaning up.
Show your support for these great restaurants in Virginia’s Blue Ridge.
We’d also like to extend our gratitude and appreciation to the staff at these local businesses that work so hard to provide delicious holiday food and hospitality for their customers.
NOTE - Many restaurants operate special hours for the holiday and many require reservations or takeout orders to be placed in advance. Please call ahead to check for availability and hours of operation.
Dine-In Service & Christmas Buffets
- The Regency Room at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center - Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Buffet | Call (540) 985-5900 for reservations | Regency Room Holiday Dining Info >
- Frankie Rowland's Steakhouse - Downtown Roanoke | Regular Menu & Special Features | Christmas Eve: 3:00-8:00 p.m., Christmas Day: 4:00-8:00 p.m. | Reservations via Open Table >
- Frankie Rowland's Steakhouse - Salem | Regular Menu & Special Features | Christmas Eve: 3:00-8:00 p.m., Christmas Day: 4:00-8:00 p.m. | Reservations via Open Table >
- 419 West Restaurant | Opens at 4:00 p.m. - Special Dinner Menu | View Menu >
- Harvest Restaurant at Mountain Lake Lodge - Christmas Day Buffet | Call (540) 626-7121 for reservations | View Menu >
- Primland Resort - Cocktails & Pre Fixe Dinner on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day | Call (276) 633-4413 or Inquire Online | Available to guests as part of Primland Holiday Experiences >
- Cafe Asia | Bonsack - Roanoke County | View Menu >
- Cafe Asia 2 | Southwest Roanoke County | View Menu >
- Waffle House | Various Locations | View Menu >
Takeout, To-Go, & Catering
- 1772 Rooftop on Main - Christmas Dinner Pre-Orders | Order by December 17 & pickup on December 23 | Order Online >
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Troutville | Order Online >
- Crystal Spring Grocery Co. | Special Christmas Holiday Menu | Order by December 20 | Order Online >
- Heritage Family Market | Call (540) 473-2917
- Mission BBQ | Call (540) 613-5513 | Catering Menu >
- Our Daily Bread Bakery & Bistro | Christmas Dinner To Go | Order ahead and pickup on December 24 | View Menu >
- Scratch Biscuit Company | Call (540) 855-0882 | Catering Guide >
- bloom | restaurant & wine bar | Holiday Pot Pies | Order ahead and pickup on December 23 | bloom website >
- Three Li'l Pigs BBQ | Holiday Smoked Beef Brisket - feeds 15 to 25 | Order by December 20 and pickup by December 24 | Call (540) 966-0165 to order | Brisket Info >
- Yard Bull Meats | Hams, Turkeys, Oysters, Duck, Salmon, Beef | Call (540) 500-MEAT | Yard Bull Products >
- Uncle D's Take-Out | 4 Meals for $50 | Order by December 21 and pickup on December 23 | Call (540) 655-9221 to order | View Menu >
- Queen's Vegan Cafe | Special Vegan Holiday Menu | Order by December 22 and pickup on December 24 | Call (540) 519-0017 to order | View Menu >
Baked Goods & Desserts
- Boone's Country Store - Pies, Breads, Cinnamon Rolls, Assorted Baked Goods - Franklin County
- Blue Cow Ice Cream - Artisan Ice Cream - Roanoke | View Flavors >
- Bread Craft Bakery - Baked Goods, Pastries, Gingerbread - Downtown Roanoke | Gingerbread House Kits >
- Bryant Orchards Farm Market - Baked Goods, Pies, Rolls, Cakes - Daleville | Menu & Order Form >
- Bubblecake Bake Shop - Cupcakes & Cakes - Towers Shopping Center (Roanoke)
- Corbin’s Confections (Gluten Free Bakery) - Bread, Cream Puffs, Baked Goods - Downtown Salem
- Cupcakes & Canines - Holiday Cookies, Cupcakes - Daleville
- Delish Sweets & Treats - Holiday Dessert Platters - Roanoke | | E-mail email@example.com for info
- Evie’s Bistro & Bakery - Cakes, Cookies, Baked Goods - Old Southwest Roanoke | Holiday Dessert Trays >
- Homestead Creamery Farm Market - Ice Cream, Baked Goods - Franklin County
- Ikenberry Orchards & Country Store - Pies, Breads, Baked Goods - Daleville
- Kupkakery Bakery - Cupcakes, Cakes - Rocky Mount
- On the Rise Bread Company - Cakes, Breads - Downtown Roanoke
- Our Daily Bread Bakery & Bistro - Cakes, Pastries, Cookies, Breads - Roanoke | Salem | Vinton
- The Pie Shoppe - Sweet & Savory Pies - Fincastle | Order by December 17 & pickup on December 23 | Order Online >
- Rookie's - Cookies & Ice Cream - Downtown Roanoke | View Menu >
- R.T. Smith's Deli - Cookies - Downtown Roanoke
- Smith Mountain Lake Coffee House - Cheesecakes, Cakes, Pies - Bridgewater Plaza at Smith Mountain Lake | Order by December 19 for pickup on December 22-23 - call (540) 346-2023 for orders | View Menu >
- Sweets by Shaneice - Cakes, Cookies, Sweet Treats - Downtown Roanoke
Christmas Events & Things To Do
Make the most of the Christmas holiday in Virginia's Blue Ridge by checking out some fun local events and things to do.
Elmwood On Ice will be open for ice skating in Downtown Roanoke from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
The Town of Buchanan will host its special Christmas Eve Luminaries event on the evening of December 24, a touching annual tradition that serves as a reminder and thanks to those who sent jugs of water to the town after the Flood of 1985.
You can also enjoy beautiful light and decorations on display at many local spots, including the Fashions for Evergreens event at The Hotel Roanoke, Land of Lights in Franklin County, and the Tinsel Trail in Historic Fincastle.
Need more dining ideas for your next visit? Check out our Restaurants section for a complete guide on places to eat in the area.