Elmwood on Ice presented by WDBJ7 is coming back for the sixth season of downtown ice skating! This year Elmwood on Ice has something new: putt-putt! The popular outdoor ice-skating rink is a family favorite and provides a great opportunity to show off Downtown Roanoke to everyone who visits. Our new putt-putt course debuted last month and was also a family favorite.
Elmwood on Ice will reopen for the season on November 24th. The rink will again be in Elmwood Park and has space to accommodate up to 100 skaters. The fees for admission will remain the same as last season: $6 skate admission, $2 for skate rentals, $3 putt-putt, or $10 for everything. Season passes will be available for $75.
Elmwood on Ice will be open from November 24, 2021, to January 30, 2022, with the following hours:
• 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm Wednesday and Thursday
• 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm Friday
• 11:00 am to 10:00 pm Saturday
• Noon to 7:00 pm Sunday
• Extended hours from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm when schools are out (Roanoke City Schedule)
• Holiday schedule: On days that Roanoke City Schools are out, open 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
• Limited hours: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve., Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• Closed Christmas Day
To see the full schedule, visit www.ElmwoodOnIce.com.
This project is being supported by WDBJ7, City of Roanoke, 94.9 Star Country, Q99, K92, WFIR, and The Vibe.