History of the Rowdy Dawg
The first Rowdy Dawg mountain bike race was run in 1988 and has improved each year. A longstanding tradition in Southwest Virginia, the Rowdy Dawg is renowned for its excellent and GRUELING race course and typically draws a large and diverse field of participants.
Rowdy Dawg highlights
- Racers from all over the Mid-Atlantic States expected
- Large number of spectators
- Grass roots racing at its finest
- Reputation as one of the best race courses in Virginia
- Long tradition of racing in Southwest Virginia
- Race categories including: beginner, sport, expert, XXC, Super D
Real singletrack + real mountains = real fun!
Day-of registration prior to race for those who do not register online is $30. For more race details, contact Montgomery County Parks & Recreation at (540) 382-6975.