To ensure safety for both attendees and participants we are modifying the festival to include an in-person event on May 15th and a virtual component that we will publish on our website and social media channels. Plus, we are adding a fun component this year—a scavenger hunt!
NOTE NEW LOCATION: RIVERS EDGE PARK NORTH, RESERVE AVENUE
The event at Rivers Edge will feature food, displays, children’s activities and some musical performances. And yes, our beer garden! This will be contingent on guidance issued by the Virginia Department of Health, the Governor’s office, and the CDC. The presentation of nations, dance performances, martial arts displays, and some musical performances will be held virtually.
VENDORS: To accommodate distancing, vending booths will be approximately 25 feet apart. This means we will have a limited number of booths available for food, merchandise and displays.
PERFORMERS: To avoid the congregating of people, we are moving most of the performances to a virtual format. There will be space for some musical performances at the venue if the group is small in size and/or can perform while walking.
SCAVENGER HUNT: We are working to put together a "Cultural Pursuit" scavenger hunt that will allow participants to compete for prizes while completing challenges to learn about and interact with other cultures. This will be a fun event for people of all ages.
The Cultural Pursuit Scavenger Hunt starts May 1, 2021 through the GooseChase mobile app and will run right up to the festival on May 15th.
Join as an individual or as a team to compete for prizes while learning about and experiencing different cultures through tasks, trivia, and GPS check-ins.
Explore cultural spots around Roanoke, sing another country's national anthem, and learn some fun facts!
1. Download the GooseChase mobile app onto your device (available on Android or Apple)
2. Enter either the game code PEPMGE or search for CULTURAL PURSUIT and select the game with the Local Colors logo
3. Enter the password: pearl
4. Name your team and participate by yourself or with up to 7 other teammates (tell them your team name and have them join your team name after following steps 1-3)
5. Get ready to have some fun exploring different cultures starting May 1st!