Are you ready for a Thanksgiving feast in the Roanoke Valley in Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains?
It’s one of the most delicious days of the year and it’s also a special time to create memories with family and friends.
While many opt for the Thanksgiving tradition of a home-cooked meal or potluck style celebration, there is also the option of enjoying Thanksgiving lunch or dinner at a restaurant. It’s a way to partake in the classic dishes and flavors of the season without having to worry about the planning, preparation, and cleanup.
Don’t stress about your turkey being dry, forgetting that key ingredient from the grocery store, or your casserole burning. Take it easy this year and head to one of these great restaurants in Virginia’s Blue Ridge that are open on Thanksgiving day.
From the full-scale holiday buffet to the local spots that offer food other than Thanksgiving fare, it’s all on the menu!
NOTE - Many restaurants operate special hours for the holiday and many require reservations. Please call ahead to check for availability and hours of operation.
- 419 West - Sample Menu
- Billy's - Sample Menu
- The Copper Kettle Co. - Sample Menu
- Country Cookin (Multiple Locations) - Sample Menu
- Elephant Walk Restaurant & Lounge at the Holiday Inn Tanglewood - Sample Menu
- The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center - Sample Menu
- Maw & Paw's Diner
- Mountain Lake Lodge - Sample Menu
- Natural Bridge Historic Hotel & Conference Center - Sample Menu
- Peaks of Otter Lodge - Sample Menu
- The Regency Room at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center - Sample Menu
- Taaza Indian Cuisine
Classic Thanksgiving Meals
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- Frankie Rowland’s Steakhouse
- K&W Cafeteria (Multiple Locations)
- The Roanoker Restaurant
- The Swinging Bridge Restaurant
Skip the Thanksgiving Fare
- Cedars Lebanese Restaurant (open until 3:00 p.m.)
- Martin’s Downtown Bar & Grill
- Nawab Cuisine of India
- Shula’s 347 Grill
- Texas Tavern
Begin your Thanksgiving Day in Virginia’s Blue Ridge by taking part in the annual Drumstick Dash Family 5K Walk & Run in Downtown Roanoke!
Need more dining ideas for your next visit? Check out our Restaurants section for a complete guide on places to eat in the area.
Header photo: Brent Hofacker/Shutterstock