Traveling through Virginia’s Blue Ridge uncovers delightful small towns you’ll want to visit again and again. Vinton, Virginia is such a town, offering unexpected surprises that beg you to linger a while.
Explore Vinton on foot or even on bike when you visit a few of our favorite stops in the 1880’s boom town.
Fresh veggies aren’t the only things waiting for a home at the Vinton Farmers Market. Vendors of honey, arts and crafts, meats and cheeses, and beautiful flowers and floral arrangements. Visit daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to see what’s fresh and new.
Art Studio & Gallery: Dorsett Portraits
Framed, original oil paintings by artist and owner Patsy Arrington Dorsett are available for browsing and purchase at Dorsett Portraits. Her subjects include Virginia landscapes, domestic and farm animals, and historical objects. Tours of the gallery are available by appointment only.
Vinton’s very own downtown craft beer is found at Twin Creeks Brewing Company, as is great live music “on the dock” and food truck eats. Meet the locals and the local suds.
>> Take part in this Saturday’s Creekfest 2018 event at the Vinton Farmers Market!
Star City Playhouse
Community centered, Star City Playhouse puts aspiring actors on the stage and intrigued patrons in the seats. Star City Playhouse is an affordable addition to your art themed visit to Virginia’s Blue Ridge and Vinton experience.
Rent a set of wheels for the day via the Zagster app on your Apple or Android device. It’s a cheap way to explore Vinton and the surrounding area as well as get in a bit of exercise.
Tinker Creek Canoe Access Point
The Roanoke River Blueway is a 45-mile water trail that includes Vinton, which features a boat ramp & kayak ramp on Tinker Creek that connects to a scenic stretch of the river. Rent a watercraft from an area outfitter and paddle your way along the Roanoke River for a different perspective of the area.
High Ground Veterans Monument & LOVE Sign at the Vinton War Memorial
The Vinton War Memorial is a special event venue for weddings, meetings, and corporate functions. However, there are a couple special elements that apply to us all. The High Ground Veterans Monument honors the service members from Vinton & Roanoke County who have served in the military, or are currently serving. You can also visit the LOVEwork sculpture featuring the silhouette of a bride as the L, a waterwheel as the O, a fork and spoon as the V, and a kayak with paddles as the E. #SharetheLOVE when you post on social media with the hashtag #LOVEVA.
Part of the Roanoke Valley Greenways collection, Wolf Creek Greenway traverses parks through Vinton between Route 643 and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Five parking areas and two restrooms are available along the 2.2 miles. Consider a Zagster cruiser for this bit of adventure.
Without question, we all love a great meal. Some of our favorite places to eat in Vinton include international flavors while others are quintessentially southern American. Let’s eat!
- Red Jasmine is your authentic Thai headquarters in Vinton.
- Dogwood Restaurant is a 1940s American mainstay serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, featuring all your favorite comfort food dishes.
- New York Pizza slings awesome pizza and makes delicious hot and cold subs.
- Bob’s Restaurant is a tasty place to go any time of the day and serves some of the best burgers and hot dogs in the region. They’re open 7 a.m. to midnight most days.
- FarmBurguesa is a brand new farm-to-table burger joint. Their no frills menu offers burger creations, waffle fries, and tostones (fried plantains).
- Izzy’s Place will satisfy your sweet tooth with a cone of locally crafted Homestead Creamery ice cream.
- Jerry's Family Restaurant is where you can get your fill of home-style dishes like pan fried pork chops, meatloaf, fried chicken, and hamburger steak.
- La Casa Del Burrito Taco Shop is the only place to be on #TacoTuesday and it’s a fab option every other day of the week, too. They're bringing Cali-style tacos & burritos to Virginia's Blue Ridge!
Learn more about upcoming events and other exciting things happening in Vinton by following the official town Instagram account - @its_in_vinton.
There’s so much to love about the communities of Virginia’s Blue Ridge. After you’ve toured Vinton, explore the Main Streets of Fincastle, Buchanan, Rocky Mount, Downtown Roanoke, Salem, and the Historic Grandin Village.