The Roanoke Region in Virginia’s Blue Ridge is well represented in Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine’s 2023 Best of the Blue Ridge Awards.
It’s an excellent showcase of the many fun things to do and awesome local businesses you can experience during a metro mountain adventure in Virginia’s Blue Ridge.
Whether you’re exploring the 1,000+ miles of incredible trails, sampling a delicious craft beverage at a local craft brewery or distillery, taking part in one of our signature annual events, or just enjoying a relaxing weekend with your family, the region is a great spot for a vacation.
With Roanoke being voted the “Best Place to Raise an Outdoor Family,” you might have so much fun on your visit that you decide to relocate here!
The following is a list of our local winners and runners-up in the 2023 Best of the Blue Ridge Awards by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine.
- Best Public Lands (National Park/Forest): Blue Ridge Parkway - Winner
- Best Public Lands (National Park/Forest): Fairy Stone State Park - Runner Up
- Best Hiking Trail: McAfee Knob - Winner
- Best Biking Trail: Carvins Cove Natural Reserve - Runner Up
- Best Waterfall: Cascade Falls - Winner
- Best Lake: Philpott Lake - Runner Up
- Best Campground: Douthat State Park - Winner
- Best Kid-Friendly Adventure Spot: Mountain Lake Lodge - Runner Up
- Best Pet-Friendly Adventure: Peaks of Otter Lodge - Runner Up
- Best Place to Raise an Outdoor Family: Roanoke - Winner
- Best Raft Guide Company: Twin River Outfitters - Winner
- Best Gym: River Rock Climbing - Winner
- Best Running Shop: RunAbout Sports - Runner Up
- Best Bike Shop: Cardinal Bicycle - Runner Up
- Best Wellness Center: Primland Resort Spa - Winner
- Best Drink in the Blue Ridge: Get Bent IPA - Parkway Brewing Company - Winner
- Best Drink in the Blue Ridge: Peg Hatcher's Straight Whiskey - Twin Creeks Distillery - Runner Up
- Best Brewery: Parkway Brewing Company - Runner Up
- Best Distillery: Twin Creeks Distillery - Winner
- Best Restaurant: Floyd Country Store - Winner
- Best Restaurant: The River and Rail - Runner Up
- Best Dish: Greg Brady Burger - Jack Brown's Beer & Burger Joint - Runner Up
- Best Coffee Shop: Sweet Donkey Coffee House - Runner Up
- Best Family Friendly Festival: Roanoke GO Outside Festival - Runner Up
- Best Unique Festival: Beaver Dam Sunflower Festival - Runner Up
- Best Running Event: Blue Ridge Marathon - Winner
- Best Triathlon: Carilion Clinic IRONMAN 70.3 Virginia's Blue Ridge - Runner Up
- Best Bike Race: Virginia's Blue Ridge GO Cross Cyclocross Race - Runner Up
Use this list to help you plan your next adventure in Virginia’s Blue Ridge.
You can also see our Awards & Accolades page to check out other amazing recognitions our region has received over the years.
See the complete list of the 2023 Best of the Blue Ridge Awards on the Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine website.
Congratulations to all the nominees & winners, and thank you to everyone who took the time to vote!