We’d like to congratulate all our local winners and top finishers in the 2022 Best of the Blue Ridge Awards from Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine!
Virginia’s Blue Ridge was well represented with many local businesses, outdoor adventures, events, destinations, and local organizations being voted as winners and runners up in a variety of categories.
It’s a fantastic showcase of the unique experiences and community you’ll discover when you visit Virginia’s Blue Ridge!
And with Roanoke being named the “Best Place to Raise an Outdoor Family” and a top finisher in “Best Place for Outdoor Singles to Live,” Virginia’s Blue Ridge might also be the perfect place for you to call “home.” Good thing we have a Best of the Blue Ridge Real Estate Company that can help you with the move! ;)
The following is a list of our local winners and runners up in the 2022 Best of the Blue Ridge Awards.
- Best National Forest/Park: Blue Ridge Parkway - Winner
- Best State Park: Douthat State Park - Winner
- Best Trail: Appalachian Trail - Winner
- Best Urban Park/Greenway: Roanoke River Greenway - Winner
- Best Waterfall: Cascade Falls - Winner
- Best Swimming Hole: Roaring Run - Runner Up
- Best Lake: Smith Mountain Lake - Winner
- Best Climbing Crag: Dragon’s Tooth - Runner Up
- Best Overlook: McAfee Knob - Winner
- Best Place to Stargaze: Natural Bridge State Park - Runner Up
- Best Campsite/Campground: Fairy Stone State Park - Winner
- Best Kid-Friendly Adventure: Explore Park - Winner
- Best Pet-Friendly Adventure: Cascade Falls - Runner Up
- Best Place to Raise an Outdoor Family: Roanoke - Winner
- Best Place for Outdoor Singles to Live: Roanoke - Runner Up
- Best Instagram Worthy Spot: McAfee Knob - Winner
- Best Regional Instagram Account: Trek Virginia Outdoors - Winner | Best of Roanoke - Runner Up
- Best Family-Friendly Festival: Roanoke GO Outside Festival - Winner
- Best Unique Festival: Sinkland Farms Sunflower Festival - Winner
- Best Costumed Event: Dead Reckoning Halloween (5 Points Music Sanctuary) - Winner
- Toughest Race: Blue Ridge Marathon - Winner
- Best Running Event (13.1 Miles & Over): Blue Ridge Marathon - Winner
- Best Triathlon: Carilion Clinic IRONMAN 70.3 Virginia’s Blue Ridge - Winner
- Best Bike Race: Virginia's Blue Ridge GO Cross Cyclocross Race - Runner Up
- Best Climbing Event: Big Lick Showdown - Winner
- Best Climbing Gym: River Rock - Winner
- Best Bike Shop: Cardinal Bicycle - Runner Up
- Best Running Store: Fleet Feet - Winner | RunAbout Sports - Runner Up
- Best Real Estate Company: The Joe Kraft Team - Runner Up
- Best Unique Lodging: Roanoke Boutique Hotel - Runner Up
- Best Spa or Wellness Center: Salt Foot Sanctuary & Spa at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center - Runner Up
- Best Mind/Body Studio: Uttara Yoga - Winner
- Best Environmental Organization: Friends of the Blue Ridge - Winner
- Best Post-Adventure Hangout: Parkway Brewing Company - Winner
- Best Brewery: Parkway Brewing Company - Runner Up
- Best Beer: Get Bent Grapefruit IPA - Parkway Brewing Company - Runner Up
- Best Distillery: Twin Creeks Distillery - Runner Up
- Best Spirit: Peg Hatcher’s Straight Whiskey - Twin Creeks Distillery - Winner
- Best Coffee Shop: RND Coffee - Runner Up
- Best Restaurant (Overall): The Floyd Country Store - Winner
- Best Farm-to-Table Restaurant: Local Roots - Winner
- Best Tacos: Tacos Rojas - Winner
- Best Burger: FarmBurguesa - Winner | Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint - Runner Up
- Best BBQ: Buddy’s BBQ - Runner Up
We hope you’ll use this list as a guide to help you plan your next vacation to Virginia’s Blue Ridge. It’d be quite a getaway of delicious flavors, thrilling outdoor adventures, beautiful views, and a vibrant local culture.
You can also check out our Awards & Accolades page to learn more about the amazing recognition the region has earned.
See the complete list of winners of the 2022 Best of the Blue Ridge Awards by visiting the Blue Ridge Outdoors website.
Header photo: McAfee Knob on the Appalachian Trail in Roanoke County. Image courtesy of Freddie Hodges (@skeelow22)