The 2021 Best of the Blue Ridge Awards by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine feature many local businesses and experiences in Virginia’s Blue Ridge!
We’d like to congratulate all the winners and express our gratitude and appreciation for the countless individuals, companies, and organizations who make our region a place worthy of so many awards and accolades.
Considering Roanoke in Virginia’s Blue Ridge was recently named a Blue Ridge Outdoors Top Adventure Town for the 2nd year in a row, it’s no surprise that the region would also be well represented in the publication’s annual Best of the Blue Ridge Awards.
From amazing outdoor events and trails to great craft beer and live music, you’ll love exploring our metro mountain playground.
The following is a list of all our local winners & 2nd place finishers in the 2021 Best of the Blue Ridge Awards.
- Best Place to Raise an Outdoor Family - Roanoke - WINNER
- Best Instagrammable Spot - McAfee Knob - WINNER
- Best Lake - Smith Mountain Lake - WINNER
- Best Hiking Trail - Appalachian Trail - WINNER
- Best Farm to Table Restaurant - Local Roots - WINNER
- Best Ice Cream - Homestead Creamery - WINNER | Blue Cow Ice Cream - Runner Up
- Best Running Event Over 13.1 - Blue Ridge Marathon - WINNER
- Best Race You Missed in 2020 - Blue Ridge Marathon - WINNER
- Toughest Race - Blue Ridge Marathon - WINNER
- Top Food Personality - Ashley Cuoco - WINNER
- Best Burger - Jack Brown's Beer & Burger Joint - WINNER
- Best ADA-Accessible Experience - Abbott Lake Trail at Peaks of Otter - WINNER
- Best Place for Outdoor Singles - Roanoke - Runner Up
- Best Biking Trail - Carvins Cove - Runner Up
- Best Urban Park/Greenway - Roanoke Greenway - Runner Up
- Best National Forest - George Washington & Jefferson National Forests - Runner Up
- Best Beer - Get Bent Mountain (Parkway Brewing) - Runner Up
- Best Beer List - Jack Brown's Beer & Burger Joint - Runner Up
- Best Outdoor Shop - Walkabout Outfitter - Runner Up
- Best Solo Musical Artist - Morgan Wade - Runner Up
- Best Farmer's Market - Historic Roanoke City Market - Runner Up
- Best Running Store - Fleet Feet - Runner Up
- Best Beer/Wine Spirits Trail - Virginia's Blue Ridge Cheers Trail - Runner Up
We’re a little biased, but we think this list is full of great ideas to help you plan your next getaway to Virginia’s Blue Ridge!
We also created a special Top Adventure Towns Itinerary as option for a road trip to check out all the Blue Ridge Outdoors Top Adventure Town destinations in Virginia.
Thanks to everyone who voted and showed your support for Virginia’s Blue Ridge in this year’s contest! Visit our Awards & Accolades page to learn more about recognitions the region has received.
See the complete list of winners and runners-up of the 2021 Best of the Blue Ridge Awards by visiting the Blue Ridge Outdoors website.
Header Photo: Standup paddleboarding on Smith Mountain Lake at the Smith Mountain Lake Community Park in Franklin County. Photo courtesy of Matt Ross - Franklin County Parks & Recreation.