We get 2017 started in the Roanoke Valley in Virginia’s Blue Ridge with awesome live music.
The calendar for January is full of concerts and performances at venues throughout the region, and the sounds of a variety of musical genres will fill the air.
From iconic artists of the 1980s to New Orleans inspired funk and soul, Virginia’s Blue Ridge is a melting pot of great music and culture.
This VBR Music Scene Spotify playlist features nearly three hours of songs from the bands performing in the region this month, including Rick Springfield, The Infamous Stringdusters, Chris Lane, and many more.
Subscribe to the playlist and be sure to also follow our @visitvbr Spotify account to check out other great playlists that showcase the local music scene.
Here are some of the headline performances you can catch in Virginia’s Blue Ridge this month:
- Chris Lane - Sidewinders Steakhouse & Saloon - 1/11
- Sunny Ledfurd - Martin’s Downtown Bar & Grill - 1/13
- Pressing Strings - Martin’s Downtown Bar & Grill - 1/18
- Backup Planet - Martin’s Downtown Bar & Grill - 1/19
- Lonesome River Band - Harvester Performance Center - 1/20
- Rick Springfield & Richard Marx - Berglund Center - 1/21
- Pam Tillis - Harvester Performance Center - 1/21
- Davina & The Vagabonds - Spot on Kirk - 1/22
- The Infamous Stringdusters with Billy Strings - Harvester Performance Center - 1/25
- Yosvany Terry Afro-Cuban Sextet - Jefferson Center - 1/27
- Bastards of Fate | George Clanton | Negative Gemini - Spot on Kirk - 1/27
- Shawn Mullins with Rick Brantley - Harvester Performance Center - 1/27
- Kendall Street Co. - Martin’s Downtown Bar & Grill - 1/27
- Marc Broussard with The Jamie McLean Band - Harvester Performance Center - 1/28
You can also subscribe to our e-newsletter to keep up with what’s going on in Virginia’s Blue Ridge.