Are you going to a concert in Virginia’s Blue Ridge this month?
There’s live music available almost every night of the month and the calendar includes a wide selection of musical styles.
April is always a fun month for music in Virginia’s Blue Ridge with the annual Down by Downtown Festival - a 3 day event featuring live music at 12 different venues throughout the downtown area. This year’s event takes place April 19-21 and includes a free concert in Elmwood Park on Friday night and a headline performance by moe in Elmwood Park on Saturday, April 21.
That festival is just a small sample of the sounds you’ll hear in the region this month!
The following is a preview of some of the concerts and musical events on the schedule:
- Rosanne Cash - Harvester Performance Center - April 2
- That1Guy - Spot on Kirk - April 4
- Chase Rice - Sidewinders Steakhouse & Saloon - April 4
- Redleg Husky - Starr Hill Pilot Brewery & Side Stage - April 5
- Marbin with Mad Iguanas - 5 Points Music Sanctuary - April 5
- Tanya Tucker - Harvester Performance Center - April 6
- Joey Robinson & Justin Hubbard - Big Lick Brewing Company - April 6
- Opera Roanoke: La Boheme - Jefferson Center - April 6 & 8
- Etienne Charles - Jefferson Center - April 7
- Mung Choke & The Worryworts - Parkway Brewing Company - April 7
- Kristen Kuiper - Twin Creeks Brewing Co. - April 7
- The Honey Dewdrops with Amanda Bocchi - Spot on Kirk - April 8
- Los Chupacabras - Martin’s Downtown Bar & Grill - April 12
- Dangermuffin - 5 Points Music Sanctuary - April 12
- The Floorboards - Hammer & Forge Brewing Company - April 13
- Roanoke Symphony Orchestra: The Music of Journey - Salem Civic Center - April 13
- National Reserve - The Phoenix - April 13
- Marie Anderson - Twin Creeks Brewing Co. - April 13
- Mason Creek - Soaring Ridge Craft Brewers - April 14
- Rhiannon Giddens - Harvester Performance Center - April 17
- Down by Downtown Music Festival - Various Downtown Roanoke Venues - April 19-21
- Brantley Gilbert - Salem Civic Center - April 20
- Emergence Festival - Peaks of Otter Winery - April 21
- The Harwell Grice Band & Relacksachian at 2018 Oyster Roast - Parkway Brewing Company - April 21
- Edwin McCain - Harvester Performance Center - April 22
- Jeremy Garrett of The Infamous Stringdusters - 5 Points Music Sanctuary - April 25
- Psylo Joe - Martin’s Downtown Bar & Grill - April 26
- Ministers of Soul - Center in the Square Rooftop - April 26
- Crockett & McSherry - Olde Salem Brewing Company - April 27
- The Steeldrivers with Claire Hitchins - Jefferson Center - April 27
- Place Called Home - Big Lick Brewing Company - April 27
- Domino - Salem Farmers Market - April 27
- Sounds of the Mountains Festival - Camp Bethel - April 27-28
- Soulacoustix - Wall Street Tavern - April 28
- Paulo Franco - Redleg Husky - Starr Hill Pilot Brewery & Side Stage - April 29
Get more familiar with the live music in Virginia’s Blue Ridge by listening to our VBR Music Scene Spotify playlist. It’s updated every month to highlight the bands and artists performing in the region and it’s one of multiple playlists on the visitvbr Spotify channel.
Don’t forget to visit our Music section to find out more about upcoming concerts and live music venues in the area. We also recommend checking out Blue Ridge Rocks and Cut ‘n' Scratch - two other great online resources with lots of information about live music in Virginia’s Blue Ridge.