Cash in those unused vacation days and treat yourself. Better yet, bring a friend or significant other to enjoy a weekend of indulgence and relaxation with these 10 ways to pamper yourself in Virginia’s Blue Ridge.
1. Kick things off with a Blue Ridge Winery Tour. Not only will you see the beauty of the region, but you’ll taste the best offerings from the best wineries of Virginia’s Blue Ridge and enjoy a “Winemaking 101” session. Private tours for small groups of no more than 14 people are available in January and February. Public tours resume in March.
Invest in yourself with a variety of treatments that make you look and feel your best:
• 2. Take care of your makeup & eye lashes at Glam House Day Spa (formerly Lash) in Roanoke. A repeat winner of multiple voter awards in Virginia’s Blue Ridge and beyond, the services you receive here are top-notch and “city chic.”
• 3. Polished by Claire V. is the region’s nail boutique destination. Located on Market Street in downtown Roanoke, Polished offers a “pedi of the month” which includes a glass of bubbly, a take-home sugar scrub, and benefits a local charity. Feel good and do good.
• 4. Five signature facials are available at Salon Del Sol, an Aveda salon. The skin analysis will determine which of the five will restore and rejuvenate your smiling face, giving you two good sides to choose from for your next selfie.
• 5. Kick the kinks and shove off the stress with a rejuvenating massage at Les Cheveux Salon & Day Spa. From reflexology and prenatal massages to those built especially for the overworked body, Les Cheveux is one of the region’s top destinations for self-indulgence and pampering.
6. Recuperate with a hydrating, relaxing afternoon tea at White Oak Tea Tavern, a delightful reprieve inside Salem’s oldest building: Preston Place. Each tea has been chosen based on its quality and flavor, and each is 100% natural with no additives.
7. Center your mind and body when you attend a yoga class at Uttara Yoga Studio. Focus and calm are essential to one’s health, and one visit here will equip you to continue both. Keep Calm and Om.
8. The pinnacle of pampering is Primland, an elegantly rustic resort destination in the mountains of Virginia’s Blue Ridge at Meadows of Dan. Just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, Primland boasts its own spa, unbelievable accommodations, exquisite dining, world-class golf, and outdoor recreation that is second to none in the Commonwealth.
9. Enjoy a cozy getaway with bits of special attention when you choose to stay at a bed and breakfast.
• Black Lantern Inn in Roanoke is a convenient, comfortable accommodation with a view of the Roanoke Star, bikes for pedaling the Greenway, fire pit, and luxurious Turkish linens.
• Inn at Burwell Place in Salem boasts a luxury suite with a fireplace and marble whirlpool tub. It’s the place to be if you love a vintage bathroom and hand-carved four-poster bed.
• Beliveau Estate in Blacksburg sits upon 165 acres, which includes a vineyard. Five rooms offer distinct décor and amenities. From private decks and claw-foot tubs to jetted baths and cozy hideaways, you’ll find your perfect fit for unwinding.
10. Water soothes the soul whether you’re in it or on it. Hop onto a Smith Mountain Lake dinner cruise aboard the Virginia Dare. Embark from Moneta and spend two hours on the water; a short but refreshing escape from land and worries.
There are more ways to indulge in the delights of Virginia’s Blue Ridge. Check out our spas, 15 favorite chocolate treats, and note that Roanoke was recently named a Top Southern City for Foodies. Hey, indulgence is in the eye of the beholder.