The selected films chosen
from AFI Films "100 Years...100 Movies" (10th Anniversary Edition) list and its
respective ranking are scheduled through the end of the year as follows:
- "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" (1939) (#26) Tuesday, Nov. 8 and Friday, Nov. 11 1 p.m.
- "Casablanca" (1942) (#3) Tuesday, Nov. 15 and Friday, Nov. 18 1 p.m.
- "Singin' in the Rain" (1952) (#5) Tuesday, Nov. 22 and Friday, Nov. 25 1 p.m.
- "Saving Private Ryan" (1998) (#71) Tuesday, Nov. 29 and Friday, Dec. 2 1 p.m.
- "Forrest Gump" (1994) (#76) Tuesday, Dec. 6 and Friday, Dec. 9 1 p.m.
- "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial" (1982) (#24) Tuesday, Dec. 13 and Friday, Dec. 16 1 p.m.
- "A Street Car Named Desire" (1951) (#47) Tuesday, Dec. 20 and Friday, Dec. 23 1 p.m.
- "It's A Wonderful Life" (1946) (#20) Tuesday, Dec. 27 and Friday, Dec. 30 1 p.m.
The weekly showings will be offered for a discounted ticket cost of $5.00. Seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. In addition, Westlake Cinema will be offering a $1.00 discount off individual concessions for these special screenings. Movie times are subject to change. Show times will publish in local media as well as on facebook, online and on the box office recording.
"AFI is a proven leader in film, television and digital media and their "100 Years...100 Movies" (10th Anniversary Edition) list is determined by a jury of 1,500 industry film artists, critics and historians. We are excited to offer Smith Mountain Lake and area residents the chance to walk down memory lane and witness these timeless classics on the big screen," stated Christopher Finley, Director of Marketing and PR for The Willard Companies, owners of the cinema.
To view a complete film list of AFI's "100 Years...100 Movies" (10th Anniversary Edition), visit online at WestlakeCinema.com. For additional questions about the Westlake Cinema and AFI Films "100 Years...100 Movies" film program, show times or other inquires, contact Thomas Althoff, General Manager of Westlake Cinema at (540) 721-6314.
About Westlake Cinema
Westlake Cinema is a 13,800-square-foot cinema featuring a four-plex movie theater with stadium seating, concessions and games. In addition, Westlake Cinema offers Dolby® Digital Surround Sound and optional headphones hooked to a USL Infrared Hearing System for those with hearing impairments. Westlake Cinema's goal is to offer moviegoers an upscale theater with first run movies, state of the art sound system and full service concession area. Additional information about Westlake Cinema is available at WestlakeCinema.com
About the American Film Institute
AFI is America's promise to preserve the history of the motion picture, to honor the artists and their work and to educate the next generation of storytellers. AFI is dedicated to initiatives that engage the past, the present and the future of the moving image arts. Additional information about AFI is available at AFI.com.